This is a conversation and interview with Toby Sola, Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer of Brightmind, a meditation app that expands the boundaries of human potential through tailored meditation instruction.
We discuss topics such as:
- The intersection and fusion of monastic and entrepreneurial cultures
- How Toby stays focused and motivated building a technology product designed to help people live better lives
- The benefits of meditation and mindfulness not just on stress and sleep, but our ability to make a positive impact on the world
- Meditation as training in letting go (and going beyond) your own perspective, which paradoxically allows you to hold on to it much more strongly when it matters most
- Whether and how empathy for user experience design is teachable
- Behind the scenes of developing an intentional meditation app
- Critiques of current meditation teaching techniques and how Brightmind is addressing them, and setting up users for a robust meditation practice
- Meditation as a cognitive operating system for modern life
- Balancing solving problems (pains) with aspirational benefits (gains) in self-improvement training
- How embracing what makes you unique and weird is crucial to building a strong brand and following
Subscribe below to receive free weekly emails with our best new content, or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or YouTube. Or become a Praxis member to receive instant access to our full collection of members-only posts.