I recently had the opportunity to interview Timothy Kenny, the #1 productivity instructor and creator of 79 courses on the online course marketplace Udemy. He is also the author of Accelerated Learning for Entrepreneurs and a speaker and coach.
You can find out more about Timothy on his website, including an overview of how his courses fit together.
In this 62-minute conversation we talk about:
- His background and experience creating productivity courses
- The problem with speed-reading and “accelerated learning”
- Timothy’s path from live teaching to online courses
- Why annotation is the bottleneck to information consumption, not reading speed
- Visual mnemonics, memory palaces, and creating your own visual language
- The business model for courses on Udemy (an online course marketplace with 30 million users)
- How he uses courses as milestones and funding mechanisms for his personal learning process
- Screenshare of his master planning organizational system in Google Drive
- How he uses a “personal Dewey Decimal System” to organize his entire life and more than 2,000 active learning projects
- His model of education as Intellectual Property Accumulation
- The difference between life-long learning vs. cramming for a test
- How to use planning to maximize motivation, time spent in flow, and what you’re interested in
- Using templates to manage and optimize your calendar
- Overview of his PAMeLa master planning system
Subscribe below to receive free weekly emails with our best new content, or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or YouTube. Or become a Praxis member to receive instant access to our full collection of members-only posts.